VetLinks.org eligibility criteria:
- Post 911
- Combat veteran preferred
- Caregiver support for spouse, parent, or fiancé
- PTSD, Substance Use Disorder, TBI (single or dual) diagnosis by the VA or while on active duty
- Special exceptions for Active Duty service members and caregivers in crisis needing private resources & support unavailable to them from Tricare.
- Special exceptions for other than honorable discharge (i.e.; member was discharged because of deteriorating mental health most likely due to undiagnosed PTSD)
Code of Support Foundation agrees to the following terms:
- Inform all staff of formalized MOU and protocol for making referrals to VL
- Will establish a POC for referrals and will utilize VL’s preferred method for submitting referrals
- Method- email
POC: Sara Huerter, Veteran Counsel & Legal Director Phone: 785-550-6615 Email: email@example.com
- Prior to referral, COSF’s Peer Navigators will verify that applicants meet VL’s requirements for services [indicate requirements]
- COSF will communicate with VL’s POC to ensure capacity and availability of services before referring applicants.
- COSF will provide case coordination and advocacy services to VL’s current clients in need of additional support services, and/or clients who don’t qualify for VL services that aren’t solely seeking financial assistance, and agree to COSF’s holistic terms.
- COSF will notify VL’s POC of eligible clients and must obtain final approval before releasing funds.
VetLinks.org agrees to the following terms:
- Inform all staff of formalized MOU and protocol for making referrals to COSF
- Will establish a POC for referrals and will utilize COSF’s preferred method for submitting referrals
- Method- COSF’s Online Application,
(Additional info: www.codeofsupport.org/get-help)
POC: Laurel Glenn, Intake Coordinator Phone: (571) 483-8923 Email: Laurel@codeofsupport.org
Prior to referral, VL will verify that applicants meet COSF’s requirements for services:
- Current active duty, Guard/Reserve
- Veteran who served at least 180+ days of active service (post-training)*
- Immediate family member of a US service member or veteran
- Caregiver to a US service member or veteran
- Surviving Family Member
- *Exception: Discharged from the military because of a disability (not pre-existing), early out or hardship
- VL will communicate with COSF’s Intake Coordinator to ensure capacity and availability of services before referring applicants who don’t qualify for VL services.
- VL will provide financial assistance to COSF’s current clients that qualify.
- VL will promote the partnership with COSF by adding their logo to the partnership page on VL’s website and social media.
COSF and VL agree they will not at any time disclose confidential information and/or material without the consent of that party, unless such disclosure is authorized by this MOU or required by law. Unauthorized disclosure of confidential information shall be considered a material breach of this MOU. Where appropriate, client releases will be secured before confidential client information is exchanged. Confidential client information will be handled with the utmost discretion and judgment.
This MOU shall last for 3 years starting on 09/22/2017 through 09/22/2020, unless either party gives notice of intent to withdraw. The agreement will be reviewed year to year. This MOU may be terminated by either party for any reason at any time with written notice.